Wednesday, October 08, 2008

We're registered!

Hi everyone! I've been a bad blogger lately, due to "hectic life schedule" issues. Hey, I just invented a new term! I'm sure this might describe the life of many of you, doesn't it?

Anyway, here's what's up with Second Chance Art & Accessories lately. I had applied for a trademark registration a long time ago... and after a few glitches (ie - trying to fill out the application myself without professional legal help), and about 1.5 years (& real legal help) - we're now officially registered! I decided to pursue the registration status to protect & promote the Second Chance Art & Accessories "brand" - I haven't figure out what the future will hold, but I've got a few different directions in mind. We'll see where the road leads as we continue to travel down it. Here's a peek at my registration certificate!


I've been to a few flea markets in the last month - here's some goodies my Mom & I found at the Sandwich Antiques market on Sept. 28:
Here's a picture of my mom, sister, & I as we load up the finds from a local flea market this past weekend.
Here's a few "interesting" items we saw at the same local flea market - but they didn't make the cut for Second Chance Art & Accessories. I'm not sure I understand what this was or is - half of a man with a construction hat on. Anyone know what this was for? Maybe he is actually captain hook, since he has no hands. Hmmm...
All I can say here is: Ewwwww! I'm definitely the squeemish type when it comes to bugs of any kind.
On a different note - I've been trying to ramp up my inventory for my next show, which is Fall Diddley - this weekend in Belvedere, IL. (Boone County Fairgrounds - oct 11-12). My parents (who are invaluable to me as volunteer "slave" labor) helped me assemble a large number of "his/hers" windows the other day - one of Second Chance Art & Accessories' most popular items. Hopefully if you come looking for these in the future - I'll have something in stock that fits your color scheme. Yes, they really do seem to go on forever. (not really - but I do have quite a few right now).
Anyway - if you're in the vicinity - come visit the booth at Fall Diddley - Second Chance Art & Accessories is in building #3, booth #25-26. Hopefully it will be a fun weekend! The next scheduled show will be the One of a Kind Show & Sale at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago - Dec. 4-7.

take care -
:) Amy

3 comments:

Olivia in Baton Rouge said...

Fair Diddley will be fun. Great to see lots of those His - Hers windows. See you there.

Moviegirl said...

What kind of facial expression do I have in that picture? Weird.

Second Chance Art & Accessories said...

Okay Moviegirl (aka Janet) - I think your face looks like you were smiling, but then ate something bitter....?? I didn't realize you had that face when I posted the picture. Ha!