Thursday, February 14, 2008

Am I crazy, or what??


Okay... it appears that I'm sticking with my pattern of posting every other month, which I'm sure is quite upsetting to those who are good at this blogging thing - right? Anyway... some blogging is better than no blogging!

Here's a picture of what I've been up to lately, or what I'll be up to in the near future. This lovely old couch was obtained on one of my husband & I's "missions" around the neighborhood. Well.... actually, I spotted it while running with my dog, and was compelled to bring my hubby back with his truck to get it - in the rain, of course! The carvings were so beautiful, I felt I had to give it a second chance. Don't ask what my husband thinks of this - maybe he doesn't share my fondness for beautiful, but wet, stained, & broken antique furniture.

After this poor artifact sat in my basement storage area for over a year (it's now thoroughly dry), I finally decided to drag it out & give it whirl. It's initial state was pretty sorry (missing a leg on the left corner, nasty old upholstery, etc). I've now stripped off all the fabric, and dragged it over to my Dad's for "surgery" - in which he's magically figured out how to add a similar new leg where previously missing. Did I mention we didn't recover the missing leg?
Now it's time to paint the frame (I decided against stripping & restaining, given the large number of scratches & "biffs" in the frame). And then.....new upholstery! Wish me luck - hopefully I'll have more pictures once it's a little more presentable.
More business info.... I've just found out I'll be exhibiting at the Wells Street Art Festival this summer (exciting! I haven't done this show in the past). I'm working on a business card redesign, and have also re-submitted my trademark application for "Second Chance Art & Accessories" - this time, with the help of a lawyer. (the story behind my first application could be a whole new post...).
As always - thanks for your support... and I will keep trying to post more often. :) Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.