Monday, February 25, 2008

Fabulously Crud-tastic!




Hi Everyone ...... first of all, I must say that I'm breaking some sort of blogging world record (for me, anyway). I must be on a major role, or maybe I feel I'm now accountable to provide an update on my couch reupholstery project.
So, here it is! The bottom photo shows the couch (with even more fabric & padding removed, and somewhat detached from the frame - note the lovely clamps I have holding layers together) with primer on the frame. The top photo shows the final paint finish on the frame (a little aging added), and the beginnings of replacing fabric on the seat.
I just realized that the fabric I've chosen looks a lot like my chocolate lab, which could be great for hiding dog hair.... but bad for keeping the dog off the couch. How will I see her? It's practically dog cammo. I do have another dog, a calico-looking little border collie, that is every color except dark brown. Therefore, I will probably be using my lint brush often on this couch. Speaking of my border collie (Olive), you can see her rear in the photo - how funny!

On the art side of things, I did manage to score an excellent raised panel door this morning while jogging. It's a nice shade of orange - which would normally make people cringe...... but I'm thinking perhaps some great fall & halloween themed second chance "door panel art"! We'll see what happens to it.

:) take care - Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.