Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Production Frenzy

Hi Everyone! I can't believe it's almost August - this summer has definitely flown by! The picture above - is something you might commonly see in my living room this summer. It's a "pile" of almost finished art, waiting on deck for the next assembly party.

Notice I'm using that word "party" again - in my ever-continuing effort to convince my volunteer helpers (aka family) that we are having fun putting things together. (some family may agree with me more than others).

Anyway.... every few weeks I've been schlepping almost finished art over to my parents, where I enlist my folks to help me put on all the finishing touches. Most of these touches involve a table saw, windex, scraping & cleaning glass, etc. Not exactly the glamorous part of the artwork, but necessary to build my finished products. I am so grateful I have family to help me with these things as I grow my business. I have also adventured into the world of hiring help (for sanding, cleaning & taping, etc) - which has allowed me to get a lot more done. But I must say, my family's help has been invaluable!

Coming up for Second Chance Art: North Shore Festival of Art, at Westfield Old Orchard Mall in Skokie - July 26, 27 (10am-5pm); Gold Coast Art Fair (Yes, I just found out I've got a booth!) Chicago, IL - August 8-10.

thanks for stopping by! :) Amy

No comments: