Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Happy July 4th!

Hi Everyone - Hope all had a great July 4th weekend. I'm in full "production" mode, which means I'm trying to create as much finished art as possible before my show this weekend, at Oak Brook Center. Here's a couple of new items I'm excited about:

This piece is for a bath or powder room. I've mounted some cool old faucet handles for hanging towels, along with vintage label holders - so you know whose towel is whose!


This is a close up of the hose nozzle we've mounted onto a garden-themed piece of art. The nozzle is being used as a hook to hold a mason jar for a flower bouquet or tealight.


No- this piece isn't finished yet! This is the latest installment of "potentials" I picked up at the West Michigan Antique mall over the weekend, on our way back from a family trip. Lucky me, we had just eaten lunch & the cubs game was on the radio- making my hubby happy to sit in the car & wait for a very long time, while I picked through the huge antique mall. This piece know sits waiting in my storage room.


Here is a funny pic of a car we were following up to Michigan. There was a cute little Boston terrier sticking it's head out the window, with jowls flapping in the wind. Once it crawled back inside, I thought the silouette was funny! Looks like a bat....

Hope all is well... thanks for checking in! If you've got time, stop by my booth at Oak Brook Center this weekend (sat-sun, july 12-13). My booth is right across from the Land of Nod store. Take care! Amy :)

1 comment:

Olivia in Baton Rouge said...

I'll be by your booth at Oak Brook. Love the bath room sign. I have an idea for a Halloween window I want to run by you.