Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Fabu-maps!










Hi everyone....

I was able to go to the Kane County Flea Market this past weekend after many months of flea-market drought. They actually cancelled the flea market for january & february due to construction on the fairgrounds. I almost went in January, but checked the flea market website before I went - & realized it would be a long drive for nothing.

Anyway... there's definitely fewer dealers there during the cold months. But I was able to find 2 great 1920's era maps that will no doubt become part of something fabulous. Check out the photo of one of them draped over my couch project (see previous posts). I also found some great hunks of old door with original privacy glass, and some old hooks & doorknobs. In fact, I cooked up some doorknob soup just this morning! (see the previous post - "hardware soup")

I've also included a photo of the tiny amount of progress made on my beloved crud-tastic couch. You can see the dogs in the pictures - Polly is checking out the progress, and Olive assumed I'm taking the picture of her, not the map. Check out Olive's crazy eye color; we've actually been asked if there's something wrong with her. Nope! Just God's creativity!

take care :)

Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.