Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Finally Spring!

Hi Everyone! If you're like me, you have been waiting for some nice weather for quite some time. I am sooo glad it has finally arrived, & not just for obvious reasons. To be honest, I am one of those "crazies" that actually likes cold weather. And, I really don't like 75+ degree weather. However, when it comes to making some progress on my artwork, I really need some nice mild temps to get my finishes to cooperate.

I usually paint in my garage, which has a tenous heater. I can get my garage warm enough for my paint finishes in the winter, but that also means the doors are shut - so I tend to gas myself out sometimes. Anyway, now I can paint with reckless abandon - doors open, spray paint gun flying.

Here's a current project - these 2 panels used to be part of one door, which we sliced in half. After beginning to sand them, I discovered multiple layers of paint in varying colors. This does happen a lot, but on rare occasion, the color combination actually looks pretty good. This one is a winner! (lucky for me, & all you fans of interesting chippy paint).

Here's some close ups of the paint. These 2 pieces will now be more French country garden themed. A great sample of how sometimes the pieces I'm working with dictate the final outcome.


Look at all these cool sage-y greens, yellow, pink, & a little bit of aqua! Makes you wonder who painted what color & when......


This is off the subject, but here's a picture of my thermometer hanging outside my kitchen window (never mind that my window needs washing, please!). Yes, it's nice & sunny, but 88 degrees? No way. This thermometer gets crazy with the sun shining on it.


And.... at last... my beloved crud-tastic couch! I realized I never really posted a final picture of it. I've had it finished for a few weeks now. This is the biggest upholstery project I've tried thus far, & I have to say I'm pretty happy. Will I do this again? Hmmmm.. maybe ask me in a year. Or.... if the right piece comes along....

thanks for checking in! :) Amy

1 comment:

Olivia in Baton Rouge said...

Votre choix....your choice of what to do next is always interesting. Nice job on the couch. Thanks for posting the pictures.