Sunday, April 06, 2008

How I love the Kane County Flea Market

Hi Everyone! This past saturday I dragged my Mom to the Kane County Flea Market. She's such a good sport - she says she likes going, but always ends up lugging around my unwieldy finds while I continue to slowly pick through potential buys. Here are some pictures from our outing:




Mom is trying to prevent me from taking her picture here - I was fast enough to get her picture before she could snatch my camera. Heh heh...


Most sane individuals would argue this piece is a waste of time. However, I thought it was a bonus that it came with a piece of the original ceiling stud it was wired through. Yes, this will take a little elbow grease, but should turn out to be a lovely "candelier" when I'm finished.


Behind me here is a lovely old dresser mirror with a great curvy frame. Destined to become a Parisian-themed artpiece for above someone's console table or maybe a dressing area?....... only time will tell...
Here I am next to my "old lady cart" (I apologize to any older women who have a cart like this). I've finally wised up a bit - having a set of wheels makes for fewer trips to the car.
Here's a terrific 9 pane window with some original hardware still attached. I hardly ever pay for windows, as I can usually find them around. This one was worth paying for though.


I couldn't leave the flea market without something completely ridiculous, which will probably become a gift for my sister. 80's music fans rejoice - here's Mr. Mister, Richard Marx, & Wham. You probably won't catch me wearing these at any of my art shows. I asked the vendor how much..... he said "$1 each". I responded "how about a quantity discount?" .... to which he said "okay, $2 for all three"....... now that's negotiating!

thanks for checking in! take care for now - Amy

4 comments:

Marlana said...

Nice finds! I want you to post the pic of the mirror when it's done. I really want to see how that turns out.

I've been thinking about you because there are so many houses right outside Indy that are so cute and old and "Amy-like." I'm hoping to be able to take some pictures for you eventually.

Olivia in Baton Rouge said...

Looks like an interesting place to get old stuff. I'll be visiting your booth at Fall Diddly for sure.
Glad you share your product adventures.

Janie said...

I'll see your Wham, Mr. Mister and Richard Marx buttons and I'll raise you a Breathe tape and an "I'm Danny's Girl" pin.

Second Chance Art & Accessories said...

Better watch out there Janet, I think I might have a NKOTB record to add to the buttons. Ha!