Friday, May 02, 2008

Soggy morning

Hi everyone -

Soooo... this morning the sky looked pretty menacing, but I really wanted to go for my usual run. I figured if I got through at least 2/3 of it without it raining I'd be doing pretty good. That is exactly what happened. I had about a mile left & then it poured, resulting in one puffy yet soggy border collie.

Now I should give a little history - if my labrador was more agreeable to running with me (she's not, as demonstrated by her laying down in the middle of the road during multiple runs), she would be much more water resistant. Water actually appears to bead up on her coat & run right off. Not the case with puffy little border collies (which are much more agreeable to running, therefore, justifying her existance in our house).

Anyway, here's a picture of the little soggy fluff ball before her bath, and another of her after the bath - running around the house rubbing herself against all walls, furniture, curtains, etc. She's trying to "self dry" apparently.





New this year for Second Chance Art & Accessories, I'm starting a collection of pieces called "Editions Speciales" - (french for special editions). I've been wanting to do something like this, to showcase really unique pieces that would be difficult to replicate . Of course, all of my art pieces are one of a kind because each window sash, mirror, or door I start with has it's own quirks. However, some designs are fairly easy to replicate on another window, mirror, etc. Every now & then I run across something that I know would be difficult or impossible to find another of. Here's a sample of one of my first pieces - the before picture is the frame from an old dresser mirror- there was a mirror inside this frame on pivoting screws:

This isn't a great picture, but hopefully you get the idea of what it's becoming. I've inserted a chalkboard, which I've painted "Declarations" on, and gussied up the frame a bit. I've added some hardware on the bottom also.


My hubby & I have figured out a way to attach magnets to an eraser & chalk, so I can stick them to an old door plate attached to the frame - pretty cool, huh?

Anyway... thanks for checking in. I'll post more info about pieces I'm working on in the future. I've got another Edition Speciales piece waiting in the wings.... take care - Amy :)

1 comment:

Olivia in Baton Rouge said...

Yes...what is so great about your pieces is that they are one of a kind. I know no one will see it on my wall and at a "walmart" show room. Your Edition Speciales will not last long in your booth.