Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hi Everyone! Here's some pictures of a few things I found this weekend at the Antique Bazaar store in Lisle, IL. I thought this "2" would be a nice little decorative piece for my booth at shows or perhaps hanging somewhere. Since my new business cards (for Second Chance Art & Accessories) have been redesigned with a "2" on them, I'm now obsessed with finding cool old "2's" in different forms. I'm on the lookout for some old printing press 2's.

I love old label holders! I'm thinking these once belonged to a very organized handyman or an old hardware store..... hence the "carraige screw" label. I have been looking online for label holders lately since they are nice additions to many of the coat rack pieces I make from old doors. I've had trouble finding simple label holders in an antique-looking finish. Plenty available in shiny chrome or brass, but not many options in darker oiled bronze or antique brass. These definitely fit the bill, and I'd really prefer something with a little authentic patina anyway.


Looks like there's some glass-knob soup in my future! (a la hardware soup in my crockpot) A few hour bath in my slow cooker should help the paint slide right off of these. They will make lovely hangers for coats, aprons, jewelry, or what have you on some one of a kind piece.

These bin pulls are for me personally. I've got another personal project on deck after I'm done with my couch (see my previous posts on the fabulously crudtastic couch). Speaking of the couch, I'm working on getting the cushions covered today. I ran out of lipcord to use as the welt around the cushions. I've been to 3 different JoAnn stores in search of more (this is where I bought the cord that I've used on the actual couch). The store in Joliet didn't have ANY, which is not too shocking to me as they are not a "super JoAnn" - very disappointing. Bolingbrook JoAnn only had 5.5 yards (which I bought). Orland Park had 7.6 yards (which I bought). I think I'll need another 3 yards or so... we will see.... poor couch - it just wants to be finished! Bye for now.....thanks for checking in - Amy :)

2 comments:

Marlana said...

I love seeing what you came up with. I think it's incredible that you can look at things like this and be able to use them in something creative and beautiful. I could never do that. LOVE the doorknobs. I have those on my house. I can still call it "my house" even though I'm not living there, right? ;)

Olivia in Baton Rouge said...

That "2" fits the bill. Your talent to make something useful and cool out of "old old stuff" is inspiring. thanks for sharing your finds.