Monday, August 11, 2008

Gold Coast Art Fest

Hi Everyone! Hope all is well.... Second Chance Art & Accessories was at the Gold Coast Art Fest this past weekend - the weather & the crowds were great! Here's a few pictures from the weekend...

My sign, painted on a portion of an old door (shocking, I know!)... I just love the leathery texture of the old varnish!


Here's a booth shot before the show started.


Another booth shot....
Here's our "office" behind the tent...

Husband pretending to sleep... probably so he doesn't have to talk to me... does anyone else have this problem?


This sideways picture is the husband actually sleeping. I'm a little worried he might tip off the chair, but that would be pretty funny, wouldn't it? Of course, I tried to rotate this one - but decided to leave it to demonstrate my awesome technical skills. Ha!


Here's our feet - My Mom & I... for some reason, I haven't posted many feet photos this year. Last year, I had many of these. I'll have to resume the tradition.


Beautiful flowers in a planter outside the "Flair House" - which was behind my booth...

Okay... because I'm fascinated by small dogs that are truly just companions, I asked permission to photograph a few. I loooove dogs, but mine are sort of "utility dogs." In my mind, this means they have a purpose other than companionship (ie. running partner, newspaper fetcher, etc.)

This cutie above has his own doggie sunglasses!


Talk about relaxing... this dog remained in this position the entire time I talked with the owner.


I cannot imagine either of my dogs riding in a backpack. This priviledge must be reserved for those less than 10 lbs....



This little guy is just plain cute.

Alright, here's my own cuties sunbathing on our back steps. Polly (aka "the bacon") looks relaxed as usual. Olive, the scruffy one, is about to get all of her hair clipped off due to her owner (that's me) neglecting to brush out her matted fur. Shame on me! Spending too much time making art again....


Here they are again, sitting on the landing as I make them "Staaaaaay." They love to rush down into the basement, trampling all in their path. Polly looks like some sort of ghost, as usual. I have a very difficult time capturing her yellowish-brown eyes. She always comes out evil-looking. Olive really does look a little evil due to her mottled eye color (both are combos of blue & brown - she looks, and is, a little crazy!)

Anyway... enough rambling for now. Thanks so much for stopping by the booth this past weekend! The next show for Second Chance Art & Accessories is the Frankfort Fall Festival over Labor Day weekend, so I'll be getting ready with some new seasonal artwork. Take care - Amy :)


2 comments:

Olivia in Baton Rouge said...

See you at the Frankfort Fall Fest...I need some Halloween stuff.Yours is the most unique.

Janie said...

Aww! I love all the doggie pics! Darling. Your booth looked great, too.