Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Seasonal Artwork and other things on deck...

Hi Everyone -

here's what I've been up to lately -

Getting ready for the Frankfort Fall Festival, over Labor Day weekend! I invaded my parents' house today, to mooch some slave labor help from my Dad, who helps me get a lot of my artwork buttoned up. Here's a few pictures of things we finished today:

This is an old casement window (above) with vintage privacy glass in a "starburst" sort of pattern. I've refinished the frame, which is quite chunky & cool. A great conversation piece for your mantle at Christmas! Windows with this type of glass are difficult to find.. I do have few more on deck though, hopefully I can get them done shortly. This design was inspired by the glass - I thought it looked a little like frost on a cold morning. (BTW, 1843 is when A Christmas Carol was written by Dickens)


Here is one of three windows that I've painted to resemble a street sign, for your Halloween decor! (Fans of classic horror movies rejoice - hopefully all these places are familiar to you!) This window was inspired by the original finish on the frame - upon sanding, I discovered black, green, and a violet-blue color. In my opinion, a great combo for Halloween!


Okay, here's another picture of a Second Chance Art & Accessories classic design - again, demonstrating my technical prowess.... ha! Actually, I do know how to rotate pictures, but I did not catch this one before I uploaded it. And... my DSL uploading speed is much slower than my downloading speed - so I know it would take me another 15 minutes to get it straightened out. Anyway, consider it a little extra exercise for your neck...


Okay, this picture is of some of the loot I picked up at the Sandwich Antiques market this past weekend. By the way, if you like antique & flea markets, this one is worth checking out. Who wouldn't want to visit a town named Sandwich? Lucky for me, it's only about an hour drive northwest. In the pile are some great doors with potential coatrack-sized panels, and some 6 pane windows with old wavy glass.


Here's the pile of loot on my lawn. After returning from a flea market, I always spread it out to take inventory of what I found (for accounting purposes, etc). My neighbors must think I'm nuts! (we share a driveway, so this pile is very close to them also).

Anyway... On a personal note, I start teaching classes at JJC next wednesday (yes, I am actually a registered dietitian! This semester I just have one class, making more time for artwork). My husband & I also bought a house recently to fix up for ourselves. We will be moving once we get a little more work done in the house... not too far from where we live now though. Minooka, IL - heard of it?

thanks for stopping in - hope to see you at the booth at the Frankfort Fall Festival (august 30-31, sept 1 - booth #520-521!) take care - Amy :)

1 comment:

Olivia in Baton Rouge said...

The Scrooge & Marley window is the BEST. See you at Frankfort Fall Fest.