Sunday, March 16, 2008

Second Chance Art & Accessories is at it again....



Hi Everyone -


Just thought I'd share what I've been up to this weekend. I attended the Country Living Magazine's 3rd annual Women Entrepeneur's Event, in Chicago. Of course, I dragged my ever-positive Mother with me to take it all in. She's so smiley...... The event consisted of a seminar with different speakers on relevant business topics. I went to the event for the first time last year, & it's what got me thinking about longer term plans for Second Chance Art & Accessories.

Anyway.... I must say I am again inspired to keep my mind open to new markets & avenues to sell Second Chance Art & Accessories. Thanks to Country Living for inspiring me, & around 600 other attendees. I am a loyal subscriber to the magazine, thanks to the fact that they also love old, crusty stuff!

I also applied in advance to "pitch my product" to some editors from the magazine, prior to the seminar. Country Living provides this opportunity to women with a business & product to promote. I felt honored to have been given the opportunity (especially since I did this last year, & they wanted to hear me again!). The staff at the magazine is extremely helpful, supportive, and friendly. During my 5 minute "pitch" slot, the judges made me feel right at home.

I've included a picture of my sister & I, getting ready to drag my unwieldy artwork down to the waiting area. She appears to be snorting - she had a pretty nasty cold. My Mom is taking the picture.

I've also included a photo of proof that Border Collies DO sleep, when they come home from the kennel after a weekend of nonstop barking (this is my guess at what goes on there). Olive the usually incorrigible is konked out on my husband's lap.
I promise an update on the fabulously crudtastic couch in my next post - it's gonna be good! :)
Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love the sleeping Olive! And I think I was probably snorting in that picture.