Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thanks Wells Street!

Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by my booth at the Wells Street Art Festival this past weekend. We had a great show! It will take a couple of days for the dust to settle - as I'm updating my website, going through paperwork, unloading my trailer, etc. Then I'll be gearing up for my next show - July 12-13 at Oak Brook Center.

By the way... the last post was from my sister "moviegirl." She did not identify herself, but she's a terrific writer - a professional one I must add. She probably wants to remain anonymous, but I wanted to reveal her as the mystery writer. Sorry Jan!

We did take a break last night for a quick "garbage date" ( see my previous posts!). Here's what we found - an interesting chair that needs a little love. Here's a picture of it in the back of our truck. The second photo is of my hubby (aka chairhead) carrying it down to our basement. He said the chair smelled like "a grandma's house" - which we've determined to be a mixture of smoke, mustiness, chicken soup, and maybe a little pet hair? This will probably be a longer term project for me, but I thought the chair had a great 30's-40's art deco-y feel to it.

To convince my hubby to go on a garbage date, I usually have to include some sort of coffee or ice cream. We opted for ice cream this time - at Walt's - one of our favorites. Their sign is very retro, as is the menu, which I couldn't resist taking a picture of. Here's the slush flavors - anyone heard of "pompagranite?"
thanks for stopping by - bye for now - Amy :)

2 comments:

Olivia in Baton Rouge said...

I can see that getting to your booth early is the best way to see everything new....great crowds at Wells St. I'll be in your booth at Oak Brook. Love those chalk boards.Olivia

Janie said...

Yes! I want a pompagranite slush.