Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Trailerrific!

Okay, here I go again on the made up words. But what can I say? I'm now the proud owner of a 6' x 12' trailer, which will hopefully save us lots of effort in the packing / unpacking / hauling / schlepping of Second Chance Art & Accessories to art shows. My husband & I bought it today at a place called "Gene Funk's Morris Trailer Sales". They were very no-nonsense & upfront about pricing & all the paperwork. I don't think I saw Gene Funk though, at least no one there looked like a "Gene Funk".

These other pictures are from my backyard. It's finally flower season, so those like me who love to garden are now happy to be deadheading & doing garden chores. I don't claim to have a green thumb - I think any success I have is due to the fact that I live in an old house, with equally old dirt! (I guess all dirt is old, right?) I think plants like to grow more in well rotted soil than newer-construction topsoil, right?




Here's the great tobacco tin I bought not too long ago - filled with roses, as promised! The roses in the tin are carefree beauty (shrub - pink), red double knock-out, and 1 lone Mister Lincoln hybrid tea.
Red double knock-out (above) almost looks fluorescent!

Mister Lincoln hybrid tea is the perfect long stem traditional red rose. A little particular, but definitely worth it in my book.








Above, this is a Terese Bugnet old shrub rose. Looks great covered with pink roses, but these don't do that well cut in a vase. I've still got a few that haven't bloomed... a blaze climber, graham thomas, a "eureka" floribunda rose - so hopefully more pictures in the future, and lots of cut flowers for my booth displays this summer!

Okay, enough gardening! I'm gearing up for my first show (Wells Street Art Festival) over June 13-14th. My Mom & I hit the Kane County Flea Market one more time last weekend (I can't go again until at least october due to show scheduling, etc). I picked up a couple really unique windows, a mirror, some great ornate old frames, and some terrific old fabrics (tablecloths, etc) to use for unique window art backgrounds. Hope to see you at a show this summer! Check out my "schedule" page on my website for more info. http://www.secondchanceart.net/ thanks! Amy

1 comment:

Olivia in Baton Rouge said...

Beautiful flowers. Spiffy trailer. Looking forward to your Wells street show. I know the trailer will make everything easier.
Best of luck!