Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wells Street Art Festival - here we come!

Hi Everyone -

Second Chance Art & Accessories is currently getting ready to exhibit at the Wells Street Art Festival in Chicago this weekend. This is a new show for Second Chance, so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully the schlepping will be easier than past shows, now that we are the proud owner of a 6'x 12' trailer.

I've posted some pictures of a few newer art pieces, so new that they have yet to make the website (hopefully soon!). Here's a small preview of what you might find at the show this weekend -

This is a smaller piece, backed with a vintage tea towel (ivory & red stripe). The quirky hardware is still attached to this window - it must have been a storm window, because there are spring loaded fasteners on either side!


Pictured above is a re-worked version of a previous design, complete with 5 vintage hooks, which remind me of an old schoolhouse. It's backed with ivory & rust colored damask pattern fabric.


This one is great for a kitchen, especially if you like to bake! Backed with a vintage flour sack, it has sort of a 40's-50's feel. The backing is ivory & faded blue.


Here's a great design if you love coffee - backed with a section from a real coffee bean sack (it still smelled like coffee when I assembled it - perhaps an added bonus!)


Here's a quirky chalkboard - made from an old cabinet door. I've attached some hardware (doorknob escutcheon plate & clothespin) at the bottom for holding chalk & an eraser. It can be hung vertically or horizontally - take your pick!


Okay, now I'm departing from the art business side of my life... if you've read my past posts, you know I like to garden. Here's a few more blooms I took pictures of recently .....

This rose is called "Henry Kelsey" - I think it's a Canadian Explorer series rose. This makes sense to me, as I hardly do anything to it, & it comes right back each year, with tons of blooms.

Here's my "climbing Blaze" rose - this is the first great year for it, as last year my border collie decided it needed to be relocated. I looked out the window one day (april 2007) & saw a giant hole where it used to be, and the bush itself had been dragged to the middle of the yard. Hm.... maybe the dog knew it needed a better location, because it does great here!

This rose is a "Zephrine Drouin" climer. It surprized me a little, I didn't actually think it would flower much this year!

Thanks for stopping by the blog.... if you're in the area, come visit the Second Chance Art & Accessories booth at the Wells Street Art Festival June 14 & 15 (10am-dusk each day). We're booth #276-278. Or stop by another show this year, check out my schedule page at http://www.secondchanceart.net/ take care - Amy :)

No comments: