Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trunk-tacular!







Hello everyone! Hope you had a great holiday weekend. I feel so blessed that we live in a country with so many freedoms - because of our great military. I hope everyone was able to pay a little respect to someone in the military, past or present.


Because we have freedom, I was able to check out a "flea market" this weekend. I took a picture of the sign from my car at a stoplight. Of course, I tried to blow it up - but it became a little fuzzy. My resulting picture shows off my vast array of technical skills, as it has a large white area around it. Oh well - hopefully you get the idea. I think the sign is a little funny, since it says "Giant Flea Market". This particular flea market I would describe more as a large garage sale. Not so Giant.




Anyway, I did find a few great things, including this fabulous old cedar-lined trunk! (hence: Trunktacular!) Okay, I now admit to the annoying habit of making a new word from 2 existing words (trunk + spectacular). I've done this before - cases in point: "fabumaps" and "crudtastic". This habit could get under one's skin a little, a la Rachel Ray style (sorry if you're a big fan of hers - I respect her, but I'm more of a Nigella / Giada / Alton Brown fan - all you food network junkies know what I mean).









I think the finish needs some work, but this one definitely has potential, probably in the form of paint. I should also say... on my word-combining habit, there is always a little sarcasm in my newly coined words. I know when I see something with potential, but I know whatever I bring home may be ridiculed by my family as some sort of useless junk. I usually get the last laugh when my scoffers see the end result..... we will see what this becomes. Check out the great carvings! I picked up this great tin because I was inspired by the beautiful label - for Tobacco! I can't wait to sink a jar in & fill it with some roses from my garden.
I now keep a small supply of chalk for the chalkboards I sell. I found the perfect old chalk box to store it in - I just love the way things were explained way back..... check out the label!
Here's a picture of my sister, after she climbed in the back of the vehicle with the back seat folded down. We took off & she "spilled" over. I thought it was funny... she probably won't like that I posted this picture. Ha!








She's now righted herself. Apparently she loves Carbs.
No, I did not buy this. But what a steal for just $.75! Remember these? The parrot will repeat what you say over & over. Not annoying at all, right?
No, I didn't buy this either since it didn't match my decor. (I'm being sarcastic here!) But what a find! Listen to the radio as you pull TP from the roll. Anyone have one that is willing to fess up?




As always, thanks for stopping in. I'm getting ready to exhibit Second Chance Art & Accessories at the Wells Street Art Festival in Chicago in 2.5 weeks. I'll be sending out postcards shortly with my schedule for summer & fall, and finishing up other details to get ready for the show. Hope to see you at a show this summer! take care - Amy :)







2 comments:

Janie said...

Nice picture of my butt. Oh, and carbs are carbolicious!

Olivia in Baton Rouge said...

I plan on making it to your first show. Looking forward to seeing your new creations. Even the trunk-tacular !